We have extensive experience representing clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings. Whether these alternative dispute resolution matters are confidential mediations intended to resolve partnership disputes to enable a business to return to profitability, or high-stakes commercial disputes submitted to arbitration under contractual provisions, we routinely press our clients’ claims before mediators and arbitrators in both industry-specific and general alternative dispute resolution forums.
We have successfully represented clients in a variety of alternative dispute resolution matters including:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Business partnership disputes
- Disputes between professionals and their former clients
- Employment and executive compensation disputes
- Disputes between securities professionals
- We obtained an award of over $9 million inclusive of attorney’s fees for a major pharmaceutical company in an arbitration of a contract dispute. In the same arbitration, we defeated the opposing party’s $24 million counterclaim. A federal district court subsequently confirmed the arbitration award, overruling the opposing party’s objections to confirmation.
- In confidential mediation, we successfully resolved a complex real estate dispute on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
- In confidential mediation, we obtained a substantial settlement payment for a client who asserted professional negligence claims against a law firm.
- In confidential mediation, we obtained a substantial settlement payment for a business executive who asserted employment discrimination claims against her former employer.
On June 14, 2022, Tabet DiVito & Rothstein won an appeal in the Illinois Appellate Court, Fourth District. In the underlying lawsuit, the plaintiff brought a negligence claim against the firm’s client. TDR obtained a trial court victory, and the trial court...
Tabet DiVito & Rothstein LLC is proud to announce that associate Nikki R. Marcotte has been appointed to the Chicago Bar Association (CBA) editorial board as the Vice Chair of the Young Lawyers’ Section (YLS) Journal. In this position, Nikki will assist with...