We often represent parties in construction related disputes. We have defended general contractors and subcontractors on construction defect and delay claims. We also represent plaintiffs pursuing contractors, architects and engineers for defective and inadequate construction. We aggressively assist contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals for payment of past due amounts and resolution of change order disputes.
Our firm also has a very active practice defending architects, engineers, contractors and subcontractors in personal injury actions.
- Our attorneys obtained summary judgment for a general contractor sued under Restatement Sections 343 and 414 by a subcontractor’s employee who fell three stories down an elevator shaft during construction.
- We successfully pursued claims against design professionals in connection with a defective HVAC system that resulted in mold growth in a 150-unit assisted care facility.
- We have filed and won declaratory judgment actions on behalf of construction professionals to obtain coverage under their comprehensive general liability or professional liability policies to provide defense and indemnity for underlying actions.
- We obtained summary judgment for a structural engineer in connection with a personal injury action filed by an iron worker after his legs were crushed by structural support beams while he was working on a construction site.
- We obtained a judgment for a mechanical engineer in connection with unpaid services on multiple projects.
TDR partner John M. Fitzgerald was quoted in the Law360 article, “Open Ill. High Court Race Attracts Some Atypical Candidates,” published on June 23. The article discusses Illinois Supreme Court candidates in recently redrawn judicial districts. Law360 quoted...
On June 14, 2022, Tabet DiVito & Rothstein won an appeal in the Illinois Appellate Court, Fourth District. In the underlying lawsuit, the plaintiff brought a negligence claim against the firm’s client. TDR obtained a trial court victory, and the trial court...