Jonathan is an Associate whose practice is focused on intellectual property litigation and complex business litigation in state and federal courts. Jonathan has represented clients in a variety of matters including patent litigation, breach of contract, class actions, state consumer fraud and deceptive business practice actions, and other business disputes. Jonathan’s experience spans through all phases of litigation, from pleadings to trial and appeals. Jonathan is also licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to joining Tabet DiVito & Rothstein, Jonathan was a federal judicial law clerk for the Honorable Lisa A. Jensen in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Jonathan assisted with the active case management of over 350 cases and drafted numerous opinions on a variety of criminal and civil matters. Jonathan was also a litigation associate at an international law firm, where he represented and counseled clients in a range of complex litigation matters including high-stakes multidistrict litigation and patent litigation.
During law school, Jonathan was a member of the Federal Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented an incarcerated individual in a federal civil rights action in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois. Jonathan first chaired a federal civil jury trial and successfully obtained a hung jury for his client—a first in the Clinic’s history.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2018
- Executive Editor for the University of Illinois Law Review
- Rickert Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Paul Lisnek Award for Excellence and Ethics in Trial Advocacy
- Frederick Green Honorary Round Moot Court
- Northwestern University, B.A. with Honors, Biological Sciences with concentration in Genetics and Molecular Biology, 2011
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois