Jonathan focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property litigation. His experience includes matters involving breach of contract, fraud, defamation, trade secrets, and patents. Jonathan is also licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to joining Tabet DiVito & Rothstein, Jonathan was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Lisa A. Jensen in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Jonathan assisted with the active case management of over 350 cases and drafted numerous opinions on a variety of criminal and civil matters. Jonathan was also a litigation associate at Jones Day, where he gained experience in multidistrict litigation, patent litigation, and maintained an active pro bono practice.
During law school, Jonathan was a member of the Federal Civil Rights Clinic, where he represented an incarcerated individual in a federal civil rights action. Jonathan first chaired a federal civil jury trial and obtained a hung jury, a first in the Clinic’s history.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2018
- Executive Editor for the University of Illinois Law Review
- Rickert Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Paul Lisnek Award for Excellence and Ethics in Trial Advocacy
- Frederick Green Honorary Round Moot Court
- Northwestern University, B.A. with Honors, Biological Sciences with concentration in Genetics and Molecular Biology, 2011
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois